With regards to Time tracking reports, could I please suggest some improvements which would help us greatly:
- Happy to discuss this further if more explanation is required. I have attached an image that shows you a sample of a report I have created.
- Ability to do pivot tables showing the time tracking logged during a specific date range. Therefore we can see across all products what time an individual has booked in the last week, fortnight, custom dates etc.
- Issue: We cant align out review of time entered with our budget reporting. Also staff can't review they have entered all their billable time for the day as they can't filter by date range
- Add labels for each of the Columns/rows/cells so as to easily distinguish what the data is that is being rolled up. With some complex pivot tables it is hard to recall what each field represents
- Issue: we are needing to remember what each label represents for multiple pivot tables which is challenging. When sharing Pivot tables via Notebook with the client, it is not obvious what the table is trying to reflect
- Ability to share any reports at a 'user' level not just at a 'Product/product Line' level. There are specific reports such as time entered reports I only want my team to see but not the end client. If I share this report at a product/product line level that the client has access too, I don't want them to see this information (unless they built the report themselves - which often they wouldn't).
- Ability to capture non rolled up effort to a feature card/requirement. Therefore, if the feature is 4 days, and you have booked 1 day but you don't want that 1 day to burn down the 4 days or have any impact to the 4 days at all as it is technically 'non billable' effort but we still need to track this effort and report on it where possible
- Issue: We track both billable and non billable time (eg: pre-sales, review, upskilling/handover). I want my staff to be able to enter time to the feature card but not have it impact the remaining effort etc but show it as separate time entered: Time entered that does impact feature/requirement estimates, and time entered that does not. I need this to go all the way through to reports/pivot tables etc so that we can report on this too
- Ability to add a description when time is logged to either a feature card or requirement - not just time
- Issue: if we are adding 'non billable' time to a task, it would help us understand the supporting comments with the time entered. Also, some of our clients want more detail of time entered etc and comments would allow us to capture specifically what was done in the 1, 2 hour etc. Example would be an Implementation feature card. For 2 hours I prepared the implementation run sheet and held workshops with the client to gather supporting details.
- Have a burn down chart that shows time logged for a product/release etc that is in synch with the pivot table
- Ability to filter in the Pivot table by 'Product Line' and not just 'Product' level
- Issue: Again if I am doing a 'time entered' report and want to see all time across the whole product line, rather than select all supporting Products would be simpler and easier. Also allows other rollups to occur at a Product Line level for executive and client management purposes.