We use Master Features a few different ways:
- A group of related features
- A use case that requires work (features) from different products.
- A feature that will be implemented in different products at different times (each of those would be a feature)
- Descriptive text that describes the context of the features it contains
We need a way to differentiate these types of master features. We need to be able to specify different types of master features, and for each type, we want:
- A unique workflow (statuses)
- Unique custom fields/layouts
I was about to blow everyone's minds by creating templates for different Epic (Master Feature) Types. I was planning to create templates for Metric Mover, Customer Request, and Customer Delight, etc. Alas, I have been foiled by the less robust Master Feature. Why must the Master Feature be treated as inferior to the story?
For context, we roadmap at the Epic level, and execute at the Story Level.