A more detailed Capacity Planning feature would allow us to better manage our roadmaps from the perspective of what is achievable based on our current resource levels. The following high level features would be included in a more robust capacity planning module:
- Ability to define specific resources that make up a team (not necessarily Aha! users).
- Define resource name and position.
- Define the skills that each resource has (i.e. development, documentation, user story writing, etc.).
- Define the percentage or amount of time each resource has in each period to work on roadmap items.
- Ability to estimate the amount of time needed for each skill type against a feature.
- Ability to schedule each feature to a specific resource.
- See a visualization of each resource's capacity, assigned work and remaining capacity by skill type.
- See a visualization of each team's capacity, assigned work and remaining capacity by skill type.