The Release Portfolio is a good start on providing the ability to visually schedule resources, but it lacks some simple and extremely useful features:
- Simple leveling. There should be a way to assign resources to each feature, and level the schedule so that resources are not over-allocated.
- When a feature development crosses a weekend, the calculated duration should be extended so that it does not include the weekend days.
- If an estimate is changed, the schedule for a task should automatically update (i.e., the start/"due" dates should update, or at least the Release Portfolio scheduled dates should update.
- Moving/resizing a feature should shift dependent features/phases
- Development phases should by default be dependent on each other, instead of independent like they are now.
- There should be a default release phase for features (e.g., "Development").
- Ability to add estimates easily. This should be similar to how MS Project and other do it -- a column on the left-hand side after the feature name, which allows you to enter a value.