Skip to Main Content
Status Unlikely to implement
Categories Search
Created by Guest
Created on May 8, 2017

Be able to Customize the Search Columns

I would like to see different fields than the default when searching our ideas list.  Seeing the category field will help me identify which idea I'm looking for.  You are able to customize the columns when viewing the idea list, but not able to customize the columns when you search for an idea.  Thank you.

    May 10, 2017

    Thank you for the idea. It is currently possible to add an Idea search filter to the Ideas -> List view. From there, as noted, you can add additional columns and use the Idea search filter to search by name or ID. 

    Given the current capability within the Ideas -> List and other priorities we are unlikely to update the search results page at this time. We hope you can understand.

  • Attach files
  • Guest
    May 10, 2017

    Thank you for your feedback.  I did not know that search filter existed.  I can see where that approach would be very benefitical.  I think the problem with that is the way we setup our lists.  We are currently using your software for our own Feature Request list.  All Feature Requests come into Aha! as an Idea that has a status of "needing review".  We then try to merge duplicate feature requests with others and change the status to "future consideration", but usually the only way to figure out if that request exists is to search for it.  Before/Currently I would have one window viewing the requests that "need reviewing" and another window with the search results page that allowed me to search existing "future consideration" requests that might be similar.  

    When I find the request I would be able to merge that new request with it's older brother.  So I was using the search results page to find those.  With the suggestion you just gave I thought I would be able to use the Idea List page to search for a duplicate request.  But that's the same page as my other window.  So I'm unable to have two windows open because they are the same exact page and once the window refreshes my current columns and "Idea status" list viewing will be changed to the latest setup.  I could try two different browsers, but with the same login I might have the same issue.

    I think the real issue I'm having is the search creiteria when merging ideas.  It has to be exact, which doesn't allow me to use it to search for known duplicates because I don't know how that duplicate is exactly named. :-)   Sorry for the long story book response.  Thank you for your time.